Our parish’s mission is to unite members to know, love and serve God through prayer, spiritual growth, acts of charity and stewardship.
Keeping our mission statement in mind, what role should our parish play in supporting our youth and young families? What is the population of teens and young adults in our parish? What are the needs of these young people and how do we better incorporate them into the fabric of our parish?
These are some of the questions our Pastor is looking to answer with the formation of the Good Shepherd Catholic Parish Youth Task Force. The Task Force was formed this summer and began meeting weekly in June. We are building a rounded team of parishioners who have the skill set and heart to help develop programming for our youth.
The Task Force’s first steps include:
- Research youth ministries from Catholic Dioceses up and down the state as well as select programs across the country.
- Interview youth ministry Leaders from successful Catholic programs.
- Interview youth ministry Leaders from largely-attended youth ministries in Visalia.
- Hold a parish-wide Youth Ministry Summit so that parents and youth can share their ideas, thoughts and concerns.
- Develop and conduct a Survey for the youth and parents of our parish that will identify their needs.
- Collect data from our parish records to identify the youth population in our parish.
Please stay up to date with the Good Shepherd Youth Task force by reading our meeting minutes and online articles at www.gscparish.org/advisory-councils/